Sunday, April 22, 2012

In the Country

No one can say City life is boring, what with tango clubs (where Desmond Tutu goes flying on the chandeliers... True, go check it out!), choir renditions and eastern food-courts. There are lots more going on in Town, not just the random visiting band or Boswell Willkie’s circus... You actually meet new people at most every gathering you get to! :D

Annette Hilary and myself recently went to visit a friend Keith all the way out in Sutherland. Although it is a 3-4 hour trip, it took us 7 hours to get there... lets blame it on traffic. It’s amasing to be in the city one hour, and the next all the way out in the nothingness. I must admit, I have been seeking out these type of settings of late. Clan William (Agter Pakhuis), Du Toits Kloof, Skilpad’s Skuil, Sutherland... it’s becoming to be a trend J All Beautiful places to get to, and excellent people to meet up with.

It has been a long time since calling Cape Town home, and it takes getting used to. At least everything is
familiar. Jy weet wat om te verwag as jy rondry (behalwe straat name wat verander:D). Somehow the city makes you feel important, and not.
It has also been a blessing to meet up with old friends and acquaintances, and finding people you share common ground with. People that share your passions and what you believe in. I like people, and I sure hope I make myself likable in return J .
Dit is ook uitmuntend lekker om naby familie-familie te wees. Dit is lekker om op ‘n oggend saam met die Tannies see toe te ry, en niggies dae by te woon. Koffie-winkels het ook weereens sy geregtelike plek in die verloop van ‘n dag gevind. And let’s be honest, I love chilling with the boys... (jammer Juan en Mieke is nou verder), and even meeting up with the cousin’s kids. It’s like an instant road to aunty-fame! (I mean, I actually buy kid’s books now... for myself! :o )

So Ja, Town is vastly different from the country, and I am toooo Blessed to say much.

No comments:

Post a Comment